Generally, we have 40-45 students in a batch. This small batch size is for providing personal attention to students.
- It helps students to interact with faculty and clear all the doubts.
- Focus is on personal attention.
- Our focus is not just on the coaching and preparation but on the selection of our students, for which we expect sincerity and dedication for one to two years from all our students.
Generally, it takes 10 to 12 months for the ‘regular weekdays’ batch. For the weekend batch, the duration is 14-16 months.
- Complete build-up for all stages of UPSC Civil Services Examination
- Class Lectures and Discussion on all the themes of the syllabus by the best professors
- Interlinking all standard sources- NCERTs, basic books, notes and Current Affairs
- Special Focus on Answer Writing and Essay writing
- Monthly Current Affairs magazine
- Interaction with officers: Periodical class sessions from selected and experienced officers
- Path to Prelims: Four months planned prelims revision, Rapid Revision Books, Prelims Test Series and MCQs based Performance Tracker; sharing targeted prelims revision booklets.
- For Main Examination: Summary revision classes inclusive of current affairs Daily writing practice- General studies questions and case studies, Mains Test Series
- For Interview: Filling of Final Detailed Application Form (DAF)- Guidance and discussion for submitting; DAF interpretation and preparation for interview; Conversation with selected officers; Mock interviews
- Full fledged revision program
Yes, we provide complete set of all-inclusive study material books for our foundation course students. The study material includes content from NCERTs. Faculty members also help in making short notes and provide hand-outs during class.
There is a comprehensive UPSC MAIN Answer Writing program for General Studies, Essay and Ethics. It comprises of:
Comprehensive high impact lectures to fill all input/content deficit.
These will provide real-life solutions through grass-root connect, government and society connect, variety in writing, standard formula based solutions to problems faced by society.
Weekly writing assignments
Most relevant current issue based editorials and articles will be provided.
Compiled in the form of booklet and will cover issues linked with Polity and Governance, International Affairs and Security, Social Issues, Environment and Biodiversity, Economy, Science, and Ethics.
General studies full length tests
Essay full length tests
Yes, we include Essay in GS foundation course.
Today’s News Headlines, The Hindu Quiz, News In short, “SHIELD” (Monthly Current Affairs Magazine), “RAPID REVISION BOOK” (special edition books).
We will cover one subject by one faculty member. However, some special topics shall be assigned to subject experts or IAS toppers or retired civil servants.
Ex-Civil Servant will be your mentor at Shield IAS. Moreover, we provide double mentorship. One will be a personal mentor and second a faculty mentor and both will be available for full course. One mentor will keep track of your progress and faculty mentor will clear all the doubts related to subjects.
Subject experts will teach optional and it will be covered in 4 to 5 months. The optional subjects which we provide are (a) PSIR (b) Sociology (c) Anthropology (d) Geography (f) public administration (g) History
Yes, it will be covered in 1 year foundation course by the help of faculties and mentors.
Students can watch recorded lectures till the validity of the course.
Old students are allowed to repeat the modules as a kind gesture from our end and same facility shall be provided to you.
ACHIEVE ‘RANK’ IN UPSC : It is complete year-long Revision and Practice Program from Prelims till Interview.
We have different payment options like-cash, net banking, UPI, debit card, credit card and instalment facilities at 0% interest rate.
Yes, we are provide Prelims Test Series and Main Test Series
Led by our Academic Director, Mr. Ritesh Kumar Singh (ex.-civil servant), Shield IAS today attracts some of the finest educators from premier universities and research institutions.
For regular students , classes are held daily for 2 and 1/2 hours. After the faculty lectures, students have the option of raising queries either privately or among the students. Students benefit immensely from our faculty members as they are experienced and knowledgeable. The time table for the entire month is given at the beginning of the month.